Sunday, August 22, 2010

Put Me on IR

A spectacular day of food and friends ended with a sizzle. Earlier in the day, I met up with some good college friends for a potluck brunch at Sheri's house. The spread was killer: bagels, lox spread, egg casserole with cheese sauce, home fries, turkey sausage, dumplings, chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and mimosas. My college roommate of four years, Jenny, brought her 6-month-old daughter Molly with her which was one of the highlights. She had the sunniest disposition, cutest smile and bounds of bouncy energy. It was great catching up with everyone and I hope we can do it more frequently.

Next, I traveled to my parents' house for Sunday dinner. The only downside was that I was still carrying a food baby from brunch. There wasn't much room left for our feast of pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, cornbread, baked beans, mac and cheese, salad and fruit. And to make things worse, I burned part of my forearm on the inside of the oven door as I went to remove the cornbread.

You can't quite tell from the picture, but burn mark is swollen about a half inch off my arm. Just as the poison ivy from my landscaping escapades has started to fade, in comes another dermatological affliction. Let's just hope this one heals better than the other oven burn from four years ago that now resembles a birth mark. This weekend also marks one of the first times I haven't made cobbler in almost three months. I'm falling apart!

Oh, and my house still smells like pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment