Saturday, September 3, 2011

Napa Valley in DC

Testing my patience, I ventured over to Bobby Flay's new burger joint in DC earlier today. Having only opened a couple weeks earlier, I knew that wait time would likely still be an issue. And it was. Along with my brother James and friend Phill, we waited...waited...and waited. And watched as one lone cashier took orders from a dozens of people. One cashier?! Frustrated, Incorporated.


After being in line for an HOUR, we finally arrived at decision time. What was it going to be? The Dallas burger with its slaw, jack cheese, bbq sauce and pickles? Or would it be the Napa Valley burger with it's goat cheese, watercress and honey mustard vinaigrette?


I went with the Napa Valley! The picture says it all. Juicy, gooey, greatness.


James got the Dallas burger and it looked just as good as the Napa one!


We then shared some sweet potato fries paired with a tangy honey mustard horseradish sauce.


And then I washed it all down with a creamy vanilla bean milkshake! If you have the patience, and the time, I highly recommend giving Bobby's burgers a try. As I prepare to descend on Napa Valley in two months with some of my best girlfriends, I can only hope that the trip is as good as my burger was.

No comments:

Post a Comment