Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moving On

Today is my last full day at my job. Instead of ranting about the terrible waiter that served my friends and I at Carmine's this afternoon, or complaining about the over-dressed salad, and pushy nature of the wait staff, I will instead pay homage to the four months I spent in Chinatown. I'll talk about Carmine's another time. Here's a list of what I will miss about my job, and what deserves to be shown the door.

I'll Miss You:

  1. Great coworkers
  2. Relaxed punctuality policies
  3. My office with a view and a balcony
  4. Chinatown
  5. Teaism
  6. Carmine's
  7. FroZENYo
  8. Quick and easy commute
  9. Great Happy Hour options
  10. Proximity to friends' offices
  11. Friendly Chevy Chase Bank tellers
  12. Free passes to Vida gym
  13. Free weekly cardio instruction classes at the office gym
  14. Free fresh fruit on Tuesdays and Thursdays
  15. Short, 37.5 hour work week

Good Riddance:

  1. Picketters and cowbells
  2. Tourists blocking the sidewalks on 7th Street
  3. Angry homeless man who ridicules pedestrians
  4. Awkward interactions with the mail room
  5. Slow and outdated computer
  6. Morgue-like office temperatures
  7. Herding cats
  8. Taking meeting minutes

As you can see, the good times far outweighed the bad. I hope that my next venture will be just as good, if not better.

What's in store for me?
  1. A great boss who is a friend and former coworker
  2. Office proximity to one of my best college friends Sheri
  3. Juice Joint
  4. Burrito Man vendor cart
  5. Naan and Beyond
  6. Proximity to old coworkers' offices
  7. Great job responsibilities
  8. Awesome benefits
  9. A regular paycheck
  10. A career path at a commendable organization

I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment