Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crack of the Month

There are soooooo many things that I love to eat and drink. But from time to time, I zero in on one particular item and become obsessed beyond obsessed. I like to refer to these items as my "Crack of the Month." Sometimes, the months get crazy and there's a different Crack of the Week, but for the most part, I am consistent.

The Crack of the Month for February comes in a liquid form. Starbucks, you kill me. I don't mind so much the empty calories of your sugary drinks, but the price? Come on! I could get a six inch sub for lunch for the same price as my Tall latte. That said, I am NOT a coffee drinker. At. All. I love the smell of coffee, I love coffee flavored things, but straight coffee? No, thanks.

Around the holidays, my opinion was slightly altered. Since there's a Starbucks next to my office, most of my coworkers hit it up multiple times a day. And the holiday season was even  more intense what with Starbuck's featured seasonal flavors.  Pumpkin spice latte...white chocolate peppermint mocha latte...gingerbread latte. Yes. I was easily hooked. What put an end to that party was the funds. I couldn't stomach the price for liquid crack.

But, now that the seasonal lattes are gone, I decided to try something new. The cinnamon dolce latte. Oh. My. Oh. Liquid crack, I tell you. I have no idea what's in it, but assume there's some cinnamony-caramelly syrup in there. To make myself feel better about this indulgence, I always ask for it with skim milk and no whipped cream. Then I ingest the liquid crack and dig out my smile.

3 comments:

  1. You know me. I'm not a coffee guy. But this sounds pretty damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum- I will have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to get one this morning just a few minutes ago and they were out of the regular and only had the sugar-free kind. I got it anyways, but it was no way near as good! Not very creamy and weird tasting. Who knew Starbucks even had sugar-free stuff?!

    ReplyDelete