Thursday, July 8, 2010

Turning Good Food into Bad Food

I have been working out more over the past few months in an attempt to get back to the shape I never quite appreciated in my youthful twenties. After having mixed in cardio weight training and full body workouts with the occassional run, I have yet to see results. I am eating more, yes, and probably look a little more put together than I have, but still not pleased that most of my wardrobe sits on the bench waiting to get called into the game. It's a dangerous game, though, and I am still too afraid to take the gamble on wearing a snugger skirt or pair of pants for fear they might split during the workday. And if they don't split, they'd surely leave imprints of the button, brand name and all, on my skin.

Instead, I'm reluctantly trying to modify my eating habits (no more hot dogs for breakfast!) in the hopes that I can salvage my attire. Upon researching some healthier alternatives to comfortable recipes, I came across this healthy, non-fried version of eggplant parmesan (one of my all-time favorite dishes!). It looked rather bland to me, but I'm sure with the right amount of spice, it would be bearable.

EASY BAKED LOW CALORIE EGGPLANT PARMESAN
1 eggplant
diced canned tomatoes in water
extra virgin olive oil
low fat mozzarella cheese
grated or diced garlic
salt and pepper


Add garlic, oil, and salt and pepper to the diced tomatoes. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch slices, or as thinly as possible. Place first layer of eggplant into baking dish. Place a layer of diced tomatoes and top with sliced mozzarella cheese. Continue layering eggplant, sauce and mozzarella until you have 2 or 3 layers. Bake in a 350°F oven for 30-40min or until cooked through. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.

And that's when I thought I had found the man of my dreams. Scrolling to the end of the recipe I found one lone comment.

Reviews and Comments (1)
Apr 7, 10:51 PM
Carl (in California) said:
Mmmm good! Embellished mine with pepperoni.


Be still my heart! And waistline! Then I snapped out of my pepperoni haze. I wanted to slap him. Of course it's good when you add bad food to it! Bad, Carl! BAD! I'm mad at him for throwing temptation my way.

Hey, Carl, you should try this salad I absolutely love--mixed greens, tomatoes, bell peppers, light honey mustard dressing, and a sliced hard-boiled egg. Oh, and for an extra punch, don't forget to top the salad with chicken wings, a fried sausage, and a sprinkling of nachos. Just thought I'd embellish it a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment