Friday, August 14, 2009

A New Frontier

This is a first for me. A new frontier, if you will.  My first step into the increasingly saturated, social-media market.  As my research shows, I am, in fact, the last person on earth to launch a blog.  Not to say I don't know my way around cyberspace, I just never got sucked into social media like some of you out there.  I never really ever kept a diary, either, so sharing what's on my mind was something that generally took coercing.  Not anymore.

The electronic/cyber world has moved at a lightning pace. I can remember the first time I was exposed to e-mail as a little kid recently after my parents had purchased an IBM PS1 computer.  As my brothers and I hovered around the screen, my mom sent an email to our aunt, who then replied back moments later.  It was unfathomable.  My world of legos and scratch-and-sniff books was turned upside down.  I imagined the words traveling from the computer's cord out of the house and through the streets and highways to my aunt's house.  But, how did it go so fast?!

And, now, here we are in 2009.  My dog has a Facebook page and I still can't figure out how to make him accept my friend request.  What is this world coming to?

A little behind the curve, what can I say.  Yet, there's an excitement inside of me as my fingers stumble over the keys.  I finally caved.  I did it.  I can't believe it.  I'm going to write about whatever, whenever and people will read it.  Lots of people.  Important people.  Hey! My mom's important!  As are my fellow jobless friends and those bored at work.

Stay tuned for more, friends. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Hilary! Love you!
    -jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sebby never did like you , hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, just subscribed to RSS feed, looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete