Saturday, November 19, 2011

VOLT



I had the distinct pleasure last night of experiencing Top Chef Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant in Frederick called Volt. My friend Phill (fellow foodie) decided to have his birthday dinner there and he couldn't have picked a better place. Thirteen of us piled into a private alcove and dove into a four-course culinary adventure.


First course: tuna tartare with avocado paste, roe and soy foam


Second course: goat cheese ravioli with Bartlett pear sauce, slice of pear, cipollini onions and fried sage


Entree course: farm chicken, gnochetti, mushrooms, bacon lardon and some sort of sauce


Dessert course: platter of glorious cheese



Second dessert, compliments of the restaurant: Variety of too much more food.


 Parting gift: housemade granola

There were also two bread "courses" before course one and course two. For that I chose a chive cheddar biscuit and a brioche with rosemary and kalamata (sp?) olives. I washed all this down with a cab sav from Napa Valley. I also noticed a massive markup on a bottle of Sav Blanc I had purchased in Napa for $30. It was being sold there for $60 for a half bottle. Goodness.

I left the restaurant, nearly four hours after sitting down, beyond satisfied and giddy from the decadent feast. I also had to undo the top button of my jeans about midway through. Well worth the cost to my waistline and wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment