Monday, October 24, 2011

Wedding Weekend


 My brother got married this weekend! I now have a new sister in Mollie, and her parents and brother are now part of my family as well. After a year and a half of planning on everyone's part, the weekend could not have gone better! The fall weather was crisp (and luckily dry!), Mollie looked stunning in her dress and Jeff tidied up well. Both looked very happy and all of us were very happy to have been a part of their big day. 

It was also great to see my entire extended family who traveled from up and down the east coast to be here for the big day. Was fun to visit with close family friends who have been a part of my life since I was a wee kid and having our pastor from our childhood (who remains close to us this day) preside over the ceremony. I loved being able to spend more time this weekend with Jeff's close friends Jonny and Patrick (who served as groomsmen) and are also close friends of mine. My little brother delivered a great Best Man speech and it was good to get to know Mollie's younger brother Wes and her other bridesmaids much better.

All in all, I wish I had more siblings getting married so I could enjoy more weekends like this! I guess it's just up to me and my little brother Jimbo to make this happen. But we're not holding our breath :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment