Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Scratch That

Each morning as I commute to Chinatown on Metro's Red Line, I am one of the few people not plugged into an iPod or buried in the news blurbs of the Express. When I'm not ripping my hair out and cussing in a tourrettes-esque manner at the absurdity that is DC's 21st century transit system, I usually just sit there gazing out the window at the last bits of blue sky and greenery I will see for the next several hours. And when I'm not gazing at the great outdoors, I'm gazing at the zoo of people boarding and de-boarding the train.

This particular morning, I should've brought my falconry glove. I noticed a gentleman in his early 70s wearing sandals at the far end of the car. Double-take, what?! He had talons on his feet! No wonder he's wearing sandals...so the talons could hang over the edges comfortably! No way those hooked scratchers are fitting into shoes. If only I could've snapped a picture of them. Good thing I had some downtime at work to draw them instead.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAAAA You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should submit this to http://unsuckdcmetro.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete